Sunday, October 7, 2018

Pink Socks for October

My first pair of knitted socks! They were knitted on double pointed needles. The pattern was found on the back of the yarn label. I think I'll try the next pair on circular needles.






Does anyone have any suggestions on how NOT to bind on stitches TOO tightly? I use the two strand method but invarariably, the first row is tight with no give.

Any comments to assist would be very helpful!

Started in 2017 - finish in 2018. Linking up with crazy mom quilts.

2 comments:

  1. For a stretchy bind off, I usually K1, YO, Bind off 1 or K2, YO, Bind off 1. Depending on how much "give" is required. LOVE the stripy goodness of your socks! Congrats on finishing them off (from a knitter suffering from "Second Sock Syndrome").

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your socks! Every pair gets easier and faster. If you need more give in the cast on, leave a bit more room between each stitch as you form it on the needle. For a long time I thought it was entirely dependent on how tightly the stitch was pulled, until I was shown to leave that extra space. Eureka!

    ReplyDelete