Saturday, March 10, 2018

Tigger has a new quilt . . .



In preparation for the vacation to Florida, I sewed up a little quilt for Tigger. This started at the annual quilt retreat in January. I had brought this quit to work on and found that the diamond cuts were off just a bit to not fit together correctly.




I had packed and brought my 2.5 inch squares and thought I could get a bit of extra sewing in as leaders and enders. I did get a bunch of 9 patches completed for a quilt that is now up on the design wall.



I gathered some greens and blues and purple squares and came up with this quilt for Tigger. The polyester batting is four layers to be nice and fluffy.



The backing is a fleece remnant. It was finished in the envelope style with 1/2 inch seams and without a binding. It finishes at approximately 16.5 in x 18.5 in



This quilt became a fast favorite and them seemed to be dropped without a look back. Tigger has pulled my traveling backpack down and enjoys curling up on it. I thing he's trying to tell me that he wants to come next time. . . 



Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts, finish it up Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... I wonder why Tigger threw his lovely quilted mat aside so quickly? Finicky kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course he wants to go! My cat would always climb into my suitcase.

    ReplyDelete