Saturday, September 22, 2018

Water Reflections

This was a block of the month i purchased from our local quilt shop. I think I completed it in record time. I started in February of this year and finished in time for the South County Museum Quilt Show this month.

I just love the colors. The block of the month kit included additional star blocks for the center medallian.  I found the matching panel in the center in a quilt shop in Florida. Although this is the first time I've used a panel, I do like the effect created. It imparts the tranquil sense of Monets garden.



This quilt will be donated to the annual St. Vincent de Paul Bake Sale, at my church on Super Bowl weekend, February 2019. (Raised $545.00)



Northcott Kit purchased from 
Piecing with Poppers Quilt Studio, Coventry, RI
Size 66 in x 72 in
Quilted with a large all over meander pattern

Linking up with the Blogger’s Quilt Festival :: Fall 2018 Edition


This is the second finish I was able to complete for the 3rd Quarter of the 2018 Finish Along as hosted by Leanne at she can quilt. Here is the link to the ambitious list I started the quarter with. 





8 comments:

  1. I've always loved Monet, especially his later work which includes numerous version of water lilies. This quilt has a lovely restful feel and I like how the stars are offset, not linear, down the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the center panel adds so much. This is a beautiful quilt and a whole lot of work to be donated. You are very talented and generous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really interesting design. I love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a tranquil quilt! Good luck with the fundraiser. On behalf of the FAL crew, thank you for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! You must have wicked math skills. What a lovely arrangement!!

    ReplyDelete